Another week gone – another week closer to bag and tag day. So much work left, so precious little time. So let’s get right to it:
One of Tuesday’s projects was re-cutting an old set of bumpers to fit our newly-built kit bot. Since we used the square-kit chassis specs that the awesome folks over at FRC3847 published for the kit bot, we needed to trim down an existing bumper so that we could safely drive our robot without the worry of causing unintended damage to robot or unsuspecting bystanders.
The big news for the week was the delivery of our VersaChassis West Coast Drive, which meant we could begin building our actual robot on Saturday. The plans were drawn up and printed and we used Thursday’s meeting as a chance to teach the students how to rivet, which was a big hit, and by the end of the day had the base of the frame together in preparation for Saturday.
Saturday kicked off like every good Saturday build day should: donuts! After getting some sugar coursing through our systems we tackled the challenge of building our 3 CIM ball shifters. This proved a little trickier than initially thought thanks to the jeez-how-in-the-heck-do-we-get-these-on-here E-clips needed for the 3rd stage gear. But it was nothing a little dedication (and a couple “oh wait – we did that wrong”s) couldn’t overcome.